For advocates of safe drinking water and sanitation in Bangalore who are also looking for a new gig, see below:
But before I get to the job, please read a very interesting report from Arghyam called Step By Step: Achieving Sustainable Sanitation. After being inspired, go work for them!
Arghyam is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team in Bangalore and help in our grant management.
Arghyam is a not-for-profit foundation working in the water sector in India. Arghyam’s vision is “Safe sustainable water for all”. We take up focused programs that address lack of equitable access to water, in a sustainable manner, amongst all citizens, through partnerships and grants across the country. Check out www.arghyam.org for details.
We need to hire a Senior Project Manager to strengthen our Project Grants team. Please send your resume to jobs (at) arghyam.org
Post Location: Bangalore
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Senior Project Manager’s duties will include:
• Manage a set of the key projects through the entire grant cycle, starting from approval to implementation to impact assessment of the project.
• Work closely with the partner organizations for mid-course evaluation and changes
• Collect relevant project data, manage project outputs and cull out outcomes
• Analyze lessons learnt from the projects, document and disseminate the learnings
• Identifying and following up on advocacy & policy opportunities with Government, other institutions and NGOs
• Coordinate research, publications, advocacy etc in core areas of work
• Coordinate with the larger resource group, other partners and the documentation team.
• Collect and publish evidence based documentation of projects
• Liaison with NGOs, international agencies, key research institutes and Government officials to forge strategic partnerships going forward.
• Masters in the field of Social Sciences/Engineering/Environmental Sciences from a reputed institution with an excellent academic record. Masters or other higher qualification is a plus.
• Strong Project Management experience with a proven track record of at least 12 - 15 years in executing mid-to-large development project in WATSAN sector
• Strong interest and understanding of the development sector is essential; need to be able to understand the domain issues that arise, in order to make the right decisions
• Strong understanding of various Government schemes, structures and system is required
• Should have worked on advocacy and policy making in the WATSAN areas
• Ability to get multiple groups and partners to work towards a common goal.
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills required. Travel required.
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and internet
• Knowledge of multiple Indian languages is an added advantage
Pay will be commensurate with experience