For those of you in Washington DC, please plan to attend this event. RSVP details below.
The Business Case for Sustainable Water Management
Water has become a key strategic issue for leading global companies. While previously not a priority, water must now be tracked, assessed, reduced, and reused. Effective management of water issues is closely tied to the specifics of organizations and the regions in which they operate. The importance of this issue has been highlighted by the U.S. Security Exchange Commission’s decision requiring corporate disclosure of "climate risks," which in practice often manifest via water issues.
Join BSR and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) for a panel discussion with leading companies to explore how they are building strategies—ranging from technical to financial—to manage the external impacts of water use on local watersheds and communities.
• Congressman Earl Blumenauer- Invited
• Jim Fuschetti, Managing Director, Office of Environmental Affairs, JP Morgan Chase
• Dan Bena, Director, Sustainable Development, Pepsico
• Mike Lloyd, Director, Global Environmental Strategies, Kimberly Clark Corporation
• Bjorn Von Euler, Director, Corporate Philanthropy, ITT Corporation
• Gena Leathers, Global Technology Leader, The Dow Chemical Company
• Joppe Cramwinckel, Water Program Director, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
• Linda Hwang, Research & Innovation, BSR, moderator
Date: Thursday, February 3, 2011
Time: 4-5:45 p.m., Followed by Reception
Location: Rayburn House Office Building, Room B340, Independence Avenue and South Capitol Street, Washington, D.C.
This is a widely attended event
RSVP: To mcglyn.us ((at)) wbcsd ((dot)) org by January 31, 2011. SPACE IS LIMITED