Our friends at Aveda have done a LOT for global safe drinking water through the years. See for example this great article on Aveda's partnership with the Global Greengrants Fund here.
For Earth Month 2010, Aveda is organizing a series of 6km walks in a number of countries around the world. Click here for details on what's happening in your city.
For those of you in and around Washington DC:
Monday, April 26th 2010/10:00 a.m.
• Join us on April 26th, to Celebrate Earth Month and Walk for Water in a 4 Mile Walk around Washington, DC’s prestigious monuments.
• Your participation helps support our local water resources through our Earth Month Partner The Potomac Conservancy.
• $25.00 Registration Fee gets you into the Walk, a “Walk for Water Survival Kit” which includes an exclusively designed AVEDA tank top, an AVEDA water bottle as well as one ticket entry for our raffle.
• 100% of your registration dollars is donated to The Potomac Conservancy.
• Parking is available on the street; 3 Hour Parking available on Ohio Drive; Closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and is suggested.
• Pets also welcome with strict clean-up guidelines.
For Registration & Details: Please call Michele Simpson at 703/535-8538 or Bonita Mann at 703/535-8254, 310/980-9230